Important Information 2018
Struggling to find accommodation?
The major “Land Forces 2018” Conference/Expo is coinciding with TREENET this year 4th & 6th September and this has created an unforeseen premium for places to stay within the Adelaide CBD. Our usual haunt at the Majestic Roof Garden Hotel was fully booked within two days of launching this year’s Symposium!
Try checking out the Franklin Central Apartments – give Arti a ring on 08 8410 1888.
To help with navigation for venues, you may care to download these maps:
The 20th National Street Tree Symposium is Mobile Again!
We strongly encourage you to download our mobile guide to enhance your experience at the 20th National Street Tree Symposium. You’ll be able to plan your day with a personalised schedule and browse exhibitors, maps and general show info.
The 20th National Street Tree Symposium ‘Yapp‘ app is available on these platforms:
To get the guide, follow the steps below:
- Download the ‘Yapp’ app from either the Google Play Store or Apple iTunes.
- Visit https://my.yapp.us/TREENET2018 on your device and follow instructions.
- Open Yapp and tap “Download an existing Yapp” and your app will appear.
- Enjoy browsing the 19th National Street Tree Symposium guide!
After each presentation, there is a brief Q&A session.
To get in early with your questions for each guest presenter on Day One, SMS your prepared query to this number: 0488 842 808 (hint: store this number in your phone for quick access)
The session moderator will then efficiently select queries to direct to the presenter.
(A roving microphone will also be available as time permits).
Take a self-guided tour at any time with the Waite Arboretum App
An arboretum is a place where trees are cultivated for conservation, scientific and educational study, and display. The University of Adelaide’s Waite Arboretum occupies 30 hectares and contains over 2,400 specimens representing more than 1,000 species from around the world.
The climate is Mediterranean with mild wet winters and hot, dry summers and an average annual rainfall of 624 mm. The trees are not watered after establishment.
The app is free to download from the iTunes App Store & Google Play and includes:
- Information on all 2,400 trees in the Waite Arboretum
- Interactive map that tells you about the trees and other features
- Themed walks to take including Out of Africa and Indigenous Plant Use
- Bookmark your favourites and share on social media