What does building resilience mean in the production nursery? How does this equate to a good tree?
When success cannot be guaranteed in the harsh, urban environment, what are the measures you should insist upon to ensure the greatest chance of success?
Hamish touched on AS 2303, but will discuss a number of measures that form part of the grower/buyer relationship, including:
• Nursery accreditation
• Best practice methods, process and outcomes
• Data management and transparency
• Quality inputs for quality outputs
• Grower accountability – open dialogue on species, history, propagation and production methods
• Adopting a forward view – staying up to date about innovation and research
‘Don’t Buy It Don’t Plant It’ is a journey into realisation of the highs and lows of establishing treescapes today…