Treenet's Urban Tree Trials Database
Treenet’s Urban Tree Trials Database is open for everyone to find and view trees. The database is a work in progress with information being added to include past, current and new trials, as well as showing how trees have matured in different regions.
There is capacity to search by location, species, or just browse the map. A few instructions for how to search can be found below.
To continue to build this database we encourage anyone working on tree trials in their region to upload their information. Adding information requires a login, which you can request here.
How to use the Database
- Open the database in your web browser, bookmark it for future use, then
- Click on the ‘HOME’ button
- Use the dropdown arrow to select Common Name, if you prefer, then you can find your species by ticking the box in the list (but remember to zoom in close on the map to ensure you select the right tree as all species remain selectable), or to select only the species you want to see…
- Click the ‘Advanced filter’ button (funnel symbol)
- Select either common name or botanical name to search, then follow the prompts to select the species you want to see. When you’ve selected your species (1 or more) click ‘done selecting’ and ‘apply’ and only your chosen species will appear and be selectable on the map.
- To end the search, click the funnel button and ‘clear all filters’